One Shot Wednesday

And with the form of villanelle still heavy on my mind, how could I not make one last attempt at this varied and complicated (in my mind) form.  Again, much thanks must be given to Claudia for taking the time to help me with this.  I'm hoping this attempt will prove that her assistance was both well received and ideally, put to good use!  With that being said, here's my One Shot for this week...

 August Morn

Upon fertile banks, a sweet August morn
Dancing on water so clear
Enlightenment awakes, true self is born

Dipped in the waters, tired and worn
Naked, exposed by my fear
Upon fertile banks, a sweet August morn

A blessing with sage and offering corn
Nature's bounty is ripe and near
Enlightenment awakes, true self is born

The world ripped in two, my pact is sworn
Fighting, so desperate to hear
Upon fertile banks, a sweet August morn.

Death of the old me is no cause to mourn
 I bathe in holiest tears
Enlightenment awakes, true self is born

Now old me and new are no longer torn
With submission I pull near
Upon fertile banks, a sweet August morn
Enlightenment awakes, true self is born.
Natasha Head 2011



Comments

dustus said…
Good work on the villanelle. This form takes me out of my comfort zone, so I applaud anyone who tries them. I think you did a nice job, catchy hook lines too.
Anonymous said…
The team at One Stop are great. I liked your OSW very much!
Simran said…
Nice plot!
Image you added in it made it more beautiful..
Good Work!

Keep Expressing yourself!
:-) Take Care
Anonymous said…
That is so beautiful, and your accompanying photograph sums up my mood for today, tranquil.

CJ
Monty said…
love how you tie nature in with our inner selves. and great job with this convoluted form. I love the form :)
Bubba said…
An intriguing tale, like the present touching the past. Nice One Shot, Natasha!
Anonymous said…
Great job with the villanelle, you knocked it out of the park. Beautiful.
Beachanny said…
Yes I saw your land there in the lines, in your realization of self, and in the photo. I've been there twice. I , too, found a lot of my nature loving self in the mountains, lakes and flowers of Nova Scotia. I pined for it as I looked out the plane window yesterday flying back from London. The villanelle is lovely. Glad to see you conquered it. Gay @beachanny
Tashtoo said…
Gay...thanks so very much for your kind and inspiring words. I've often thought of leaving this land...but simply can't bring myself to do it. I truly adore the rugged shores, the coastal drives, the secret fishing spots...everyday can be an adventure here!
Anonymous said…
fabulous imagery..masterful writing.

Popular Posts