Mud Puppy Love Slave

This week, in honor of OneShotWedenesday at OneStopPoetry, I thought I'd have a little fun.  There's really nothing better than a really good party, lots of bodies, lots of dancing, lots of inhibitions lost in the rays of a fantastic light show.  Throw in an awesome DJ, and we've got the perfect little piece to remind us what living is all about.  At least in my humble opinion, for whatever it may be worth.  Please enjoy...

Mud Puppy Love Slave

Drag these tired and weary bones
Through all the muck and mire.
Rip these pure thoughts from my head
And set them all on fire.
Tempt the vows and tempt the fates,
Let's not tell just now.
We can rage in make-believe
And dance and stomp and row,
Through expectations not our own
In mud on bended knees
Serving all in daylight proud
But in the night we please
Each other as our lips caress
Feather light and teasing
In the shadows, stolen touch
Beyond the madness, pleasing,
Back to sun, new day begun
A servant to what's right
Rip these morals from my heart
If only for the nights!
Wicked sinner cast thee down
Into the depths of hell
Wipe that smirk off of your face
It's your soul that you will sell!
I have to laugh as I dance and stomp
And rant and rage and rave
I knew from the start what I was meant to be
Mud Puppy and love slave.
Natasha Head 2011


Comments

Brian Miller said…
nice you rocked it out natasha...that was a lot of fun...and i was right there in the crush of the moment...
Beachanny said…
It was fun, exciting, immediate. Parties, dancing, music serve life in the most necessary way. It's from the moments in those times that long term memories are made. My mother's generation went to their graves with final memories of USO dances, and the sounds of the Big Bands where they first tasted love and moonlight cocktails. We rocked with Elvis and the Beatles and so it goes... and so it shall always. Well done.
dustus said…
Great poem about losing yourself. Excellent rhythm fitting with the subject matter.
Dear Natasha

A great powerful verse and the rawness of it all struck me ... your words... touched my heart...
'Rip these morals from my heart
If only for the nights!'
Thanks for sharing..

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/02/whispers-another-kind-of-valentines-day.html
Claudia said…
yep - great to get lost at the dance floor...could feel the music..
D.C. Lutz said…
I do miss a good party...and now I remember why!
Very nicely done
"but in the night we please.."
Love that line.
This took me back to some places that were buried deep in my brain.
Thanks for sharing
Fabulous poem. You're imagery vivid describes the strange hypnosis we have all experienced at one time or another.

Thanks for sharing!
Sammy Sutton
Heather said…
Really vivid imagery, and just so much fun! Great to have found you Natasha.

Popular Posts