My Confession for One Shot Wednesday

For the next 15 minutes my phone will be off as I prepare my offering for this weeks Oneshotwednesday at OneStopPoetry.  I have missed some great prompts this week as the result of the real world having the nerve to invade on the only peace I find, and new writing has been limited.  So...as I head out to show another house, I hope you will enjoy my latest confession. :)

Confession

You drove us down that lonely road
Air thick with anticipation
Lines firmly drawn were about to cross
With a summer's eve conversation.

The crickets sang a serenade
And a fence to block the view
Of others who may cross our path
But it was only me and you.

So close, your scent, it tantalized
But did little to quiet fears
Forsaking what was held on to dearly
Cherished for all these years

You spoke sweet words to comfort me
Allowing me to trust
In gentle whispers you promised me
That you never meant to rush.

Your mother's quilt became our bed
It made me feel so bad
You laughed out loud and shoulders shrugged
It was the only thing you had.

Your lips brushed mine and I awoke inside
Asking for your touch
Breathing heavy you grabbed my hands
Surrendering to lust

No witnesses were there to see
No one to tell the tale
The secret to our grave would go
No confession behind my veil.
Natasha Head ~2011


Comments

Anonymous said…
The way you express the emotion of the moment is very good! Especially the uncomfortable feeling about using the mother's quilt. Thanks for the poem.
Brian Miller said…
smiles. nice confession...guess its not going to the grave now...smiles. but maybe for the moment it was worth it?
dustus said…
The detail of the veil in last line is like a punch to the gut. Quite a confession to say the least. Some excellent rhyme and flow to your poem.
Anonymous said…
Such a sad, emotional piece - really wrenches the heartstrings. A deep and telling story is displayed here in the image of this broken woman, and it is truly a potent confession, even hidden as it is behind the veil.
Simran said…
This one is mind blowing poem!
Nicely expressed..:-)

keep smiling :-)
To busy for a long rhyme, hate when the real world takes up my time.
But just wanted to say, another nice one for this Wednesday!
Anonymous said…
You didn't write this in quarter of an hour? It's a striking emotional write Natasha. Great one shot
Monty said…
great work, girl. and blow me down but I think I recognize that form ;) and how you've caught on to it so quickly and well :)

Monty / bum
Tashtoo said…
Thank you all so much! In response to repressed soul...I already had it written,,,just takes me a while to type it!
Dear Natasha

This is something great that you did in 15 minutes.. wow!! very beautiful and powerful... ending was great...

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/02/whispers-night-along-sea.html
Twitter @VerseEveryDay
Well, your confession brought tears to my eyes...hot tears, i might add. Thank you for touching my soul once again Tashtoo!

Maria Papadopoulou- Author of the poetry book From Hell with Love at Lulu.com http://bit.ly/ic2tED
I reread it...and i cried again. Damn it.LOL

Author of the poetry book From Hell with Love at Lulu.com http://bit.ly/ic2tED
Anonymous said…
I so liked how you captured so many emotions without losing the flow of the words or the momentum of the action in the poem, like one every flowing moment remembered in a dream but still more real. Beautiful!

Popular Posts