Self-Induced Dream Scape

Self~Induced Dream Scape

A dream scape is calling
Reds, greens and blues
Stained~glass windmills
Spinning forever
As I escape my reality

Alice awaits towering
Over the Queen of Hearts
Her splendor squashed
By the power
In the bottle

The genie escapes
Granting wishbone fears
A beast without backbone
Images haunting
Self~induced mess

This was not part of the deal
Only consequence...happiness
Or death, as my heart races
Pitter~patter~pitter~patter
White Rabbit calling the shots

Will the morning bring me back
Or have I traveled much too far
Down the yellow brick road
Of my own
Self~induced dreamscape?



Comments

Joseph Hesch said…
Tapping into so many senses in this poem, Natasha. Just like a dream.

And I tried to warn everyone on Twitter about the great poem with the eye-searing finale.
Love it.
Fun and fascinating! I love the mysterious subconscious and sometimes get lost there myself.

Popular Posts