Red Tape ~ Rondel for One Stop Poetry

It's another week working on Rondels at Onestop...and I'm still in a ranting kind of mood.  So, while I'm late to posting today, I offer up for your reading pleasure (hopefully!)

Red Tape

Drowning in the bureaucracy
Ruled by those who have never done
This task has become cumbersome
But doomed, this is reality

Paper high as the eye can see
A daunting task that can't be won
Drowning in the bureaucracy
Ruled by those who have never done

Sign a contract and kill a tree
Never replant a single one
But that's okay, it's how it's done
We are quite important, you see
Drowning in the bureaucracy
~Natasha Head~



Not sure if your day job is like mine or not, but being told how to do your job by people who have never done your job can be a difficult pill to swallow at best.  When we take it to the next level, and realize the majority of our governments are run the same way...it get's very scary indeed.  I may be a tad bit nieve, but I know it's who you know.   Yup...little ol' country bumpkin me, spitting out my opinions like I know what I'm talking about :)

Comments

Pat said…
Can tell something set you off..haha
But you are right it always has been about who you know and how much one can kiss ass and yes you know where I work people, (errr ummm in your line of work)hahaha, like to tell me how things should be done, with a little whine thrown in..hahaha

Worse is when they bring in these "oh so nice" training people, who blather on about crap you already know, been doing the job for years, yet this person comes in and tells you exactly what you've been doing anyway, stupid. Think you hit a nerve...lol
Beachanny said…
Well done Natasha. I'm right there with you. Just changed bosses and he's NEVER done my job and wants to change to something the rest of us KNOW won't work. Sob. It's harder training bosses than new recruits. Your rondel is well written..just the right form!
Semaphore said…
Well, the heart of the rondel is its rhyming structure, and you've gotten that just right. And yes, the rant comes through loud and clear!
Reflections said…
Wow, Rondel form... ranting words wanting, waiting to be said by so many. Thank you!
Anonymous said…
You were on a roll! I think marrying the centuries old rondel form with a modern commentary gives it a bounce that makes it go down like a 'spoonful of sugar', and I so like how you have your usual combining of personal and universal. Your final coupling drives it home, so funny and sad at the same time. We are all condemned to the red tape jungle.
My Dad used to say, "Don't try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs" - it is horribly frustrating - and even worse when the people doing the telling are highly paid consultants who haven't a clue.
Monty said…
nice rant in ancient form, natasha :) I see it all the time. change upper level management and they do everything those before them tried and found out it don't work. but they try it again *sigh* :)

Monty
Uneven Stephen said…
Awesome. I've definitely had a few of these kinds of days at work! I love "We are quite important, you see / Drowning in the bureaucracy". Cool photo too. I need to try a rondel.

Popular Posts