The Triolet~ Compliments of One Stop Poetry

Over at OneStop today, Shan is offering up a lesson on the Triolet.  Again, it's been a bit since I've had some time to partake of these teachings, so today I felt like giving it a go.  Have a read, share your thoughts, and for reference, pop over to Onestop.  It's an awesome spot.  I don't expect anyone to cut of their ears over this piece, but I think my inspiration is obvious.


Starry Night


Through the starry night we behold
A brilliant and entangled weave
Beyond all we ever dared believe
In the artist's mind it does conceive
Where stories and tales will be told
A gift from poets we  receive
Through the starry night we behold
A brilliant and entangled weave
Natasha Head


And with Shan's help we have crafted a much more proper piece.  Aren't the folks at Onestop awesome!?  Here we go...the polished piece, (remember my villanelle attempts!)

It's through the starry night that we behold
A brilliant rising of entangled weave
Beyond all that we shape and mold
It's through the starry night that we behold
Where tales and stories are breathed and told
And gifts from poets in their verse received
It's through the starry night that we behold
A brilliant rising of entangled weave
Natasha Head & Shan Hendry

Get to know the folks at Onestop if you're interested in learning more of your craft...they're actually willing to help you be a better poet!


Comments

signed...bkm said…
Lovely Nastasha and so true how much discussion and writing has been generated from this one painting...if he only knew its impact...I hope he knows it now....thank you...bkm
Brian Miller said…
smiles...i think there is a tangled weave between my ears...it is a magical painting and as bk stated quite the inspiration for all that see....
Monty said…
yeah, it works well, natasha :) and for us who dabble in verse, it holds special meaning. great insight, dear lady :)

bum / monty
Marshy said…
not just discussion an writing but also song...a great triloet...this worked really well...cheers pete
You expect me to cut off my ears, now you are really giving me fears.
Oh you don't expect people too, damn I almost took a poo.
That's right you scared me really bad, that probably makes you glad.
Brian has a tangled weave between his ears, while to that I give a big cheers.
As I can't disagree, even if you bagger me.
So through this starry night I will stop my fight.
Not giving you a bite and keeping things nice and light.
Anonymous said…
Hooray! We are team awesome! I love Tge idea of poetic whispering webs, thanks for being such a great sport Tasha! See you next week?
Anonymous said…
I much like how both versions say the same thing while only differing in their the emphasis of their language. Masterfully done! Reading it, I feel like I'm watching an artist encounter their own creative process. It's musical and beautiful!

Popular Posts