The Tyger ~ William Blake

In honor of the upcoming World Poetry Day, Onestop has requested we submit a favorite poem...again, the love of rhyme and song is always heavy in my heart, and this I think, may be one of the first that really took me by my writing hand.  Today I share with you...

THE TYGER (from Songs Of Experience)
By William Blake

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art.
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?
~1794





"I must create a system or be enslaved by another man's.  I will not reason and compare: my business is to create." ~William Blake 

Comments

Brian Miller said…
tygers are fuzzy
tigers are grand
i point to myself
and say who is the man...snort.

sorry thought i waas at pats...i do really like this one though and hope you are having a marvelous weekend...
Vivek said…
Hi Natasha,

coming to your space after a long time. hope you doing great.
Nice post. .I liked it.
and yes few Tigers are left now we must act now to stop them from being killed by hunters and preserve from being a extinct specy of our very planet.
Damn this one makes be want to go all profound
And see if I can get something like this off the ground
I guess this cat will have to think
About something that won't sink
Maybe for my next roast
I'll do something that resembles this post
Brian seems to get easily confused where he is?
Maybe you should make a sign so he doesn't start to fizz
After he gets all turned around
As he needs to be WaystationOne bound
Look I pulled a you
And did a plug in a comment like I do
Over at my place
As I shove rhymes in your face
hahaha really great read
As said gonna have to think of something for my feed.

Popular Posts