Gasoline Rain

Gasoline Rain


There's a poison that runs, runs deep in these veins
Eating through heartbreak like the full moon soon wanes
These shadows that chase you are fueled by my hate
There is a history at the hands of fate.

The sun never shines in gasoline rain
There is no such thing as erasing the pain
Yours is a shallow grave where your heart has lain
Eaten alive in the gasoline rain.

These scars are still bleeding, they bleed bloody red
Ripped open each time I think of what you said
And now like the poison, I'm addicted to pain
Turning to ash, burnt by gasoline rain.

The heat always rises in gasoline rain
To quell the flames your attempts are in vain
I'm here to take the abuse and the pain
So I can watch you burn in the gasoline rain

Purify and watch me die, melted in the flames
The lies you told, this heart you sold
We will never be the same.
The alibis so quickly fly, proof you are insane
You never should have built our kingdom
In this storm of gasoline rain.


Comments

Brian Miller said…
well now....that is one way to tell them...just burn it to the ground...been listening to emenim? nice flo...esp the first two lines with multiple rhymes...
Tashtoo said…
Brain...I'm blaming you for this one! It was YOUR oneshot write that inspired me.And perhaps ol'Marshal may have inspired me as well :)
Pat Hatt said…
There you go burn them to the ground, no matter where they are found. The rhymes make a nice addition too. Oh and between me and you, if gasoline came down from the skies, maybe the price would go down and there would be no more lies..lol..bit off topic there.
Pat Hatt said…
Caught you! Brain = Brian (shakes head)
The Silver Fox said…
Not that there was any doubt, of course, but your two most recent posts show that you can indeed evoke powerful -- but vastly different -- emotions in your writing.
Sean Vessey said…
Smoking, hot! Great Natasha!
Uneven Stephen said…
Wonderful expression. Perhaps my favorite line overall is "Purify and watch me die, melted in the flames." Well written, well said and thought provoking. And I love the title!
Hope said…
I like it very much! wonderful write!
James Rainsford said…
A powerful and accomplished poem. Love the new blog design too. Have now become a follower. Kindest regards, James.

Popular Posts