The Tide

 {EAV_BLOG_VER:aceeabf6d98710f6}

Tide to tide, our lives collide
With the wretched ebb and flow.
Forth and back from need to lack,
Caught in its current, we row

And row and row, the time to sow
The harvest time has come.
From sin to saint, the canvas we'll paint
Has really yet to come.

And come again, sweet gentlemen
For your strength you have been called
There is no room for hearts of gloom
Or an angel whose wings have stalled

And stalled or stopped, my wings are caught
No longer worth the wind
On stolen breeze, I drift to knees
I have a prayer to send

And send I will in evening still
But please don't rush the gates
This life we live is ours to give
And heaven will surely wait

In heaven's air, the earth needs care
Begging us to stand
We are at war, this much is sure
Every woman, child and man

Tide to tide, our eyes blink wide
Aware now why we're here
To help all those who need to know
We're born of love, not fear.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This was a good read gave me a bit to think about
We're born to love, not fear.
charlie nitric said…
Hello Natasha -

Your poem is magical, powerful, and visual for me. We are all connected to each other on this Earth. Love is not fear; love is hope. I like how you use "harvest time" and "this life to live is our to give" ....LOVE! Very nice Natasha. :)
Brian Miller said…
whew what a rip tash! love the quick rhyme and wicked flow and you are spot on with the message, yes that is why we are here...love, love, love...
mark said…
Your poem makes me think, and that is always a good thing.

I admire your ability to rhyme and still say what you want. I find that it is difficult for me to do that. I get caught in the trap of making the rhyme and what I want to say gets lost in the shuffle, so kudos to you for that.
Reflections said…
If I may ask... what form is this? I love its rhythm, its flow, not to mention the profound message carried within its tide. Stunning piece!
Pat Hatt said…
Wow great quick rhyme play and the message does not stray. Quite the rant in your own way, nice write here today.
The Silver Fox said…
Sounds kinda "sixties," in a good way. Far out, man! ;-)
Uneven Stephen said…
Awesome read. I think this may be my new favorite of yours! I love the transition between the lines "Or an angel whose wings have stalled / And stalled or stopped, my wings are caught" Great work and a pleasure to read!
Louise said…
Oh, pray to love..yes. Your flow is lovely in this...great message! :)
Anonymous said…
love is what we live for ! i love it, nice rhythm (:
Sheila said…
most excellent with a powerful message of THE TRUTH! great job, tasha! I love it!
thought provoking.
smiles.

join us with a free verse today.
Anonymous said…
A lovely poem
Mindy said…
I absolutely love this poem. I read it in the "Flyer Alliance" and had to check it out. I write poetry as well and have a website...would love to hear your opinion on my writing. www.catching-rainbows.com
Great job, great writing - love it!

Popular Posts