One Shot 54 ~ The Whispering

What a wild and eventful week it's been!  With so many new projects on the go, it's nice to come back to safe and true! This week's Oneshot was written on the fly...but it was written! :)
I was also given the opportunity to preview the cover for my book, just before quitting time today, and it was even better than I could have hoped! Coming soon to a Tashtoo Parlour near you! :)
So as me and hubby head out to celebrate 14 years of wedded bliss (Mind you, singing the Guns N' Roses tune of the same name this morning didn't go over well! lol) I leave you with my little poem.  It's OneShotWednesday Eve my friends, and I urge you to read, write, and and join us for some of the best poetry being written on the web!

The Whispering
I hear things, you know
Late into the evening
When the house has quieted
I wouldn’t really call it voices
But rather, simply
A constant white noise
Where  by I cannot enjoy the silence,
Though I crave it.
There is pressure
An urge to release
As the night unfolds.
So seldom do I get this
This alone time…
But until the paper is marred
Until my pen bleeds
The whispering owns all.






Comments

mark said…
I know this feeling well.

Congratulations on Wedded Bliss! Hooray! And book covers!

My pens lately must have taken some great coagulant...they don't bleed much these days...
Louise said…
Glad I'm not the only one! lol Listen to those whispers though... Congratulations on both your book cover and your wedding anniversary. Be blessed Natasha! :)
Pat Hatt said…
Glad the book is coming along great
This feeling creeps up on us all once in a while
Nicely written summing it up
Once again tip my cup
Brian Miller said…
ah i know that silence...enjoy your anniversary! that is awesome! and GNR is not bad at all...

oh i hear whispering as well...smiles.
Fireblossom said…
pssst psst pssssst....
Anonymous said…
The whispering in one's brain compelling us to write. Can relate to this.
hedgewitch said…
Know the feeling--especially the sparse alone time which now I finally have enough of--such a luxury! Nice one, Tash.
Scarlet said…
I know that whispering and itch to write too.

Nice to meet you and congrats on your book and anniversary~
ayala said…
I know the silence and the whispering....Happy Anniversary!
Joseph Hesch said…
That hiss in the darkness is the hoped-for accompanying soundtrack of our creative bio-film, Natasha. It doesn't quite drown out the sound of your blood dripping onto the page, but it gives it a resonant harmony. Lovely.
Happy anniversary, my dear North Star.
Reflections said…
Such are the whispers which tune the volume to our needs. Happy Anniversary to you and yours! Enjoy the bliss.
Unknown said…
Break the silence on the page, lovely right Natasha and cheers on the wedded bliss! ~ Rose
Unknown said…
Interesting twist on silence and white noise. What goes on in the background is sometimes whispering, yet you're able to hear every syllable in every word, but at other times it's like it wasn't even there. Love how you incorporated this idea of white noise as a distraction, only finding your focus once the words start making it to the page. Congrats on all accounts as well:)
Rasii said…
What I like is the tone in this. There is a common point for all writers when they clear their heads and begin the process…for the voice in this piece – “white noise.”
henry clemmons said…
True that. Excellent discription. Lovd ur work once again.
Unknown said…
What a wonderful way to describe the tumble of words that begs to be written. lovely :)
lynne said…
Congrats on your forthcoming book.. keep me posted, yes?

Oh I know without some scrap of paper and pen around my mind would surely overload.. writing is fundamental..
great poem!!!
Anonymous said…
The last three lines are powerful... Nice write Natasha. // Peter.
Vinay Leo R. said…
I think my muse would whisper to me till I wrote its words on paper too, Natasha! Beautiful words, and my wishes for your upcoming release! :)

My One Shot ~ A Poetic World

Popular Posts