My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog~100 Word Challenge

Okay, so Lance has busted out some Elton John, and we're going to write about it...100 words, no more...no less.  And we wouldn't want to break the rules...he's rocking a pretty tough spot over there! SO, in my efforts to go a bit beyond my "poetic" obsession, I'm throwing down a simple little write.  The gloves are off, word weavers...come on over and take a stab!

Take Me To The Pilot ~ Inspired by Elton John and @TLanceB


Saturday. Twelve minutes to midnight. Weird enough to be goosebump worthy.
The knock, louder this time, persists.  Lights dance on the front lawn, sending trails of energy vibrating into the blackest sky I have ever seen.
“You gonna answer that?”
I choke, passing the bong back to Ben as the haze dims the odd flashes. “You gotta be kidding me. This shit ain’t even real.  Don’t know what you tossed in with that stuff, man…but the jokes wearing thin.”
We pretend not to notice the shadows, as the knock comes again.
Laughing and ready for anything, I approach the door.


...maybe I should have stuck to poetry? ;) 

Comments

Pat Hatt said…
The stoners are getting busted..haha...not a bad attempt at all here at your hall.
Brian Miller said…
never a good sign for knocks on the door that late...just saying...
SAM said…
I like this. I love seeing the different takes in so few words on these type of prompts. Stopping in via Lance.
Maude Lynn said…
This is excellent! And, a bit familiar . . .
Anonymous said…
I love the way you start midscene, with the knock already ongoing.
Tara R. said…
Kinda spooky. Don't answer the door!

(stopping by from Lance's place)
Luke Prater said…
Tash I think you do prose excellently, as a matter of fact. Intrigued by this little number...
Lance said…
I loved this one, it was one of my favorites. I loved it being so immediate, midscene.

Popular Posts