Forbidden


The music is pounding, energy, movement, sweat
Bodies, thrashing, groping,
Mingled together, melted in fusion
The scent is seedy, hands not my own,
Reaching, grabbing, grasping
No barriers to mark my space
Torn and tangled, electric currents pulse
Torso to torso, the sway and the grind
A strangers smile, sly and stealing
Racing heart and pumping veins
Caught up in the tempo, the rhythm and vibe
Body to body, no boundaries, no rules
Violence and angst, agression, force
Pushed and pulled at the conductors whim
Erotica, symbolism, ritual
Unleashed, the demon lures the bait
The cross-hairs of the trigger wait,
Selected for a primal fate,
When all else has been Forbidden.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
smiles....a devilish dance....been on the dance floor before when the beat and atmosphere just kinda take over the mind...the switch to end rhyme there at the end kinda catches that pulse as well....
Brian Miller said…
seriously, the new word verification...sucks....two words now?
Pat Hatt said…
A dance with your words, fun and delightful indeed. And yes WV BLOWS!
The Silver Fox said…
Whew! After reading that, I think I need a shower... and a cigarette. Takes me back. To where, I'll never tell...
junebjimenez said…
ahh yes...memories on the dance floor...heheh...everything just seems so much more intense when in the moment, with music, groping in the dark with a slight sense of urgency to savor the moment...love this :)
Ive been here before- the lights, the music. I really loved the line about the crosshairs- for me this reminded me of (and well- its a long time ago now!) looking for that certain special member of the opposite sex (if you catch my drift!). I think the words you use and the descriptions really build that hot, sweaty dance floor into that frenetic swirl of light and sound that we have all had our encounters in!

Popular Posts