Free Write Friday ~ You Either Got it....or You Don't

Our prompt for FWF provided by Kellie Elmore at Magic in the Backyard

You Either Got it....or You Don't

The way I see it, there are two types of people in this world.  You've got the ones that will give you their shirt of their back...leaving themselves cold, exposed, naked, bare.  Then you've got the ones that will TAKE the shirt off your back, leaving you cold, exposed, naked, bare.  I wear three or four shirts everyday just for this reason.

Because I like to give of my shirts so willingly, they are seldom buttoned up tight...making it that much easier for the shirt stealers to pick me out in a crowd.  They tend to zero in on me, and occasionally, they leave scars from their attempts.

In order for one like me to function in this world of shirt givers and shirt takers, I have invested a small fortune in my wardrobe.  I have shirts in abundance.

The only thing, I find difficult, is the fact that the shirt stealers, even though in most cases I would gladly hand over my shirt...never stop to ask.  As though, the fun in being a shirt stealer, lies in the act of the taking...the quality of the stolen shirt never seems to be an issue, and perhaps, that leaves me a little scared.  Everyone knows our society has fostered an unprecedented acceptance to the taking of shirts...and I worry even my expansive wardrobe will be depleted...



That's my Friday Free Write! Sneak over to see Kellie at Magic in the Backyard and add your own!

Comments

The Silver Fox said…
That was pretty quirky.... Liked it a lot.
Brian Miller said…
smiles...i can def relate to this one....unfortunately i dont have the flow to constantly replace the shirts...
I sense a tongue in cheek here, Natasha. I, too, lose many shirts each day, but, like you, I have a large supply. My shirt needs are always met and, I believe, always will be.
Great story!

http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/where-are-they/
Maude Lynn said…
You have such a unique view and voice! Love this!
I agree with you. There are definately shirt takers and shirt givers. I like the way you have spilled this out...it gives an insight into your personality, your morals and thoughts. Knowing you- these shirts you wear- all those layers will be worn to give (that's just the kind of person you are). It saddens me to think that every now and again someone will come along just to take one from you. But I guess that's life and some people are idiots. This is a great metaphorical piece that speaks volumes about the human condition .
Unknown said…
Nice analogy here. Using the old expression "shirt off one's back" was a clever outlet for the bit of philosophy you put out here. Large wardrobes are always a good idea:)
Kellie said…
As though, the fun in being a shirt stealer, lies in the act of the taking...

lol, I love your brain and where it takes me! Another awesome post Tash!!! Thank you for writing for me again~ You make me smile! xox

Popular Posts