100 Word Song ~ Have a Little Faith

The salt of her falling tears stung her parched lips. Her voice was raw, barely more than a whisper, mingling with the hiss of the respirator, drowning in the beeps of the tangle of machines he was attached to.
A lifetime of memories whirled through her mind. Wins and losses, but always together, it never mattered which.
Her breath caught in her throat as she attempted air. Her hand came to rest on his arm, and as a lone tear fell against his still cool skin, his eyes opened.
She smiled. He smiled. All it took was a little faith.

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog


I don't know if Lance was a fly on the wall in my bubble this week, or if Drama Mama  knew what I was going through when she chose Have a Little Faith as the song choice for this weeks 100 word challenge, but no matter who it was, I have to thank them both for picking a perfect soundtrack to the past few days. We kept the faith...and we're doing better than good. :) Huge thanks to all you caring cyber souls who made me smile on days  I thought there would be none! Much love!


Comments

Lance said…
Now, that's an inspired 100 word!

I like how the tears and skin are characters you root for. This is excellent Tasha. Welcome back, oetress.
Brian Miller said…
aww...now isnt that awesome...a little bit of magic...i am glad that you doing much better tash!
Eden Baylee said…
I don't know the backstory, but so happy to know you are better
eden
Anonymous said…
so happy to hear things are better! sending healing energies and an endless supply of *Hugs*
Quirina said…
A very moving 100 words, Natasha. Keep the faith. :-)
Tara R. said…
A beautifully moving 100 words.
Anonymous said…
It sounds like you damned nearly lost someone there. I'm glad you're all better. I read the poem about 'how far you had to go to get back', and it just blew me away, especially in conjunction with this.
Anonymous said…
This is beautiful. Nicely done. As always!
I'm glad that my song choice helped you through things. That alone makes me smile. Your response is beautifully written.

Popular Posts