Folks Like Me

Seems I was born perfectly flawed...ready to invest heart and soul
before running credit checks and criminal records.
Since birth, I have believed people could change, could evolve
and let ego go...but no...
He sits on the shoulders of supposed friends
people who tell you they get you
understand your drive, your passion
and can't wait to sink their teeth
deep enough to call it their own.

Seems I was born ready for this though...
able to let go, move on, rise up
and give the next me-monger a chance
at the all you can eat buffet.

On ward, up award, forward, MOVE
perhaps I'll see you on the flip side.
Where ego-driven, secret agendas
need not steal my soul to thrive.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
yuck...does not sound like fun at all tash...everything ok?
t said…
This has very much a Paul Weller feel to it - I like it!

Hope it's not based on anything too raw or "now" for such a comment to be made, of course =]
hyperCRYPTICal said…
A sad, raw write Natasha and the hope is it is not a true expression of your present feelings.

There will always be sharks out there only too willing to steal your soul - I see it in my workplace - I confront them.

Kind regards

Anna :o]
The Silver Fox said…
I love the paradoxical nature of the phrase "perfectly flawed." Your skill at wordplay never ceases to impress.
This is pretty bitter- raw. Always love your honesty. Feels like you spilled this one straight from your heart. It just reminds me how much I dislike a lot of people for all the reasons you have written here. Hope your ok- from your buddy - stu
Dawn Pisturino said…
Wow! Boy, can I relate to this!

Popular Posts