NaPoWriMo 18.04.12~Weapons of Mass Destruction

You can not build a world based
On those who have
and those who have not.

What you build
in this state
is resentment, hostility, loathing

Eventually
as connections are made
and frustration grows

You create an enemy
that hold no weapons
simply ideas

That question your ways
your motives
your insatiable desire for more.

I almost bought in to your ways
I almost sold my soul
thinking this was the way it had to be,

but I have a confession to make,
I failed.
The battle between heart and mind

Almost broke me
financially, physically, emotionally
but then came realization

as I realized YOUR biggest weapon
was self-doubt and loathing
instilled into the mind

of those too weak
to do unto others
as you have done to them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What else can I say but well and powerfully said. Almost more a credal battle cry than a poem, but the drum beat rhythm of your words keep the poetry in it moving. Best of all, this isn't some abstract intellectual musing, but a charge born of the heart. I will follow that cry!
ratzone said…
I like your theme and your style! Pleased to meet you:) very pleaset:)
Unknown said…
Such a good write Tash. Love the way this piece builds, and the multi-angled metaphor possibility here, universally adaptable to many things. Great job. thanks
t said…
Applause, *clap*clap*clap*!!!!
Brian Miller said…
woot...strong tash...i just wtched V for Vendetta again...and so this struck me...You create an enemy
that hold no weapons
simply ideas
ideas are certainly the new weapons...and the war is upon us for our hearts for sure...


sorry i am late...long day yesterday...
Hot Rod Pics said…
All bow down to reason, its time will come, we hope, we pray, we write.

Popular Posts