NaPoWriMo Meets 100Word Song Challenge

My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

Lance has got some smooth flowing vibes going down at My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog for this weeks 100 Word Song Challenge.  This week, Vic brings us Ben Harper's "The Woman in You" and because I've committed to a poem a day for the next 30 days, I'm taking a more poetic approach to the challenge...here's my 100 words...

Dare You

The heat of August
Swealtering
Sweat glistens…beading
Invites…needing

It’s tank tops
Short shorts
Bare skin
And…
Sin

On the rim of a margarita glass.

Patio lanterns
iPod shuffles
It’s pheromones and smooth jazz
No inhibitions

Straddling Adirondacks
Overlooking seascapes
Lust on the horizon
Forgiveness need not be asked

Two alone…No witnesses…no one to tell

As the fire burns low in the sand
And the sax provides the back drop

Skin slick
Hands rough
Just the whisper of the goldenrods

As the margarita slips
Pooling in cooling sand

And you come face to face
With the woman in me,

Needing you.




Comments

Brian Miller said…
well i might need a few rita's just to cool down...smiles...a little salt bite on the rim...mm..hmm...sax and slick skin and ...yeah you got all the right elements going on here tash...smiles.
Lance said…
I like how in tune she is with her body and mind.

This is sultry with a captial S

Love it
t said…
Slick and sexy. Nice!
uhhn! (that's my blues gruntgrowl)
So wonderful! A ton of great images and one superb bring it on homer! Whew-ee! Makes me wish I wasn't a recovering alcoholic.
VictoriaKP said…
Yes! What a great take on the prompt. I think I'm going to need a cold shower after that one ;-)
k~ said…
Hot... and enjoyable to hear/read. I love these lines:
"It’s tank tops
Short shorts
Bare skin
And…
Sin

On the rim of a margarita glass."

Nicely done!
Carrie said…
Hooo...I'm feeling a little warm. That was hot and steamy and sexy.

Awesome
Jenna said…
This was a hot read, girlfriend. mmmmhmmm. :)

Popular Posts