Bewitched

Would you choose me if you could use me?
Manipulate my mind?
Would you play me if you could slay me
bleed my secrets not meant to find?

Would you hold me or rather fold me
knowing I won't bend?
Will you hit me, attempt to split me
knowing that I'll mend?

Can you handle this bright young bramble
juicy as I am
Taste the berry, sweet not scary
and still call me friend?

Tempt the dare attempt to care
I know you're made of stone
I'll take the bait, I'll sit and wait
to kneel before your throne.

I'll call you king, for you I'll sing
and let you have your way
but my heart is torn, you have been warned
I may not survive our play.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
maybe without the using and manipulating at the beginning you know...smiles...and the hitting...that does not play in the mix...some interesting textures in this tash...a bit of light and dark...and a bit of temptation...smiles.
Dawn said…
I love this:

Can you handle this bright young bramble
juicy as I am
Taste the berry, sweet not scary
and still call me friend?

I understand the game that is playing out in this poem... and every game has its limits. Amazing, as usual. :)
Anonymous said…
A mixture of strong and fragile - like a human being. k.
Unknown said…
love the lyrics here and really has a great sound to it when you read it out loud, as the rhythm is superbly crafted. Great piece Tash. Thanks
Anonymous said…
Love the phrases about the bramble in particular, this is raw and emotional. The intoxication and poweful pull of relationships.... A mystery to us all. I was reassured by the suggestion of limits at the end, the temptation to be limitless and think you can be everything and fill all the gaps and failings of others can be addictive and yet we can never be enough for anyone else, only ourselves. Really well done.
LilGypsyLaLa said…
Always love your way with words my friend...beautifully flowing and always intriguing...thank you for sharing your mind!

Popular Posts