A Decent World ~ Review From the Blue Room

A Decent WorldA Decent World by Martin Lochner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I may not have found Jesus when I read "A Decent World" by Martin Lochner, but I did find one amazing voice for contemporary poetry. I have been a fan of Martin's individual pieces as he posts them thru the online ether for sometime, but to have such a collection to curl up with was absolute bliss. Martin makes no bones about his poetry. His voice is strong. There is no pussy-footing or avoiding tough issues. He tackles relationships, faith, and the world with no fear. Personal favorites include "Instructing Men on Power" and "Loaded Drummer Girl", but for this faith seeker, perhaps the most hardest hitting was "Finding Jesus". AS mentioned, I'm still looking, but at least I have one of the most engaging modern poetry collections to carry with me while I continue the search.

View all my reviews

Comments

Brian Miller said…
huh, interesting...will check this one out tash...
Gloria Baker said…
Nice review Natasha, interesting!

Popular Posts