I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing

You've heard it before
sung it round the Christmas tree
holding candles
and drinking your frothy soda...
but did you mean it?

I do want to teach the world to sing
in perfect harmony...together
as one

If you prosper
so do I.
If you sing,
I can't help but hum along,
alas...if you cry
you are not alone
...trust me
(I'm one of the few you can)

Nothing makes me smile more
than seeing you do well
Nothing makes me love you more
than the time you all just fell
and through your sheer will
rose to something more.

All is not lost,
it's just hiding
between the lines
in the chorus...
you just have to sing.

Comments

I love this, because implicit in this is the interdependence of us all. Whenever you sing, I'll join along. Great, Tashtoo!
Unknown said…
Wow, Tash you just have this uncanny knack about knowing the types of poems I need to read, kinda scary actually, as they come off as if you're speaking directly to me-that's an amazing quality for any one in any of the many storytelling arts, poetry of course being one. But without a doubt, whether on twitter, on a response to my work or a post of yours, your words somehow seem tailored to what I need to hear. Thanks
Pat Hatt said…
Teach away
Each and every day
Not sure I can carry a tune
But what the hell as I'm a loon
And will go at it as well
Life is finally a little less hell
So will be around a bit more
Hopefully to your shore
Brian Miller said…
smiles...i will sing with you...we are all dependant of each other...though we like to act like it isnt but...if only we could get that kind of harmony you know...
Dawn Pisturino said…
You've got a good heart, Natasha.
t said…
This is beautiful. I will sing along.

Popular Posts