Wednesday Wake-Up Call ~ 09.09.12



“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

To take away MY music would be the worst thing a person could do to me.  I live through my music. I don't play an instrument, not for lack of trying, but I do fall into a song, the poetry of the piece.

Music has been my gateway to alternative realities. Some rely on chemicals or mother's herb, but for me, it's the bass vibrations, the symbol crash, the tickled ivories, the shiny brass or strings...in any number.  It's death metal, acid house, techno, punk, classical, folk, jazz, blues....each one whisking me away to a different realm, where I am able to truly dream.

Together, we are the orchestra. Together, we lend a voice to the dreams that have been dared, to the songs that have been sung.  We are audience and we are creators. I'll be your back up singer, your number one fan, your roadie, and your muse. I will support your music, share your song and encourage your dreams.

Together, we stand stronger. Together we weave epic worlds. Together we are stewards of this planet; the heavens...the oceans....the realm we have been charged to create.  Let's write a song and dream our dream. Let's make the world a better place, one note, one chorus, one dream at a time.  I believe we can do that.




It's our first ever Wednesday Wake Up call over at The New World Creative Union.  You've got three days to respond to the quote above in any way you like...paint it, dance it, sing it, write it, and ultimately...share it!  Nothing better to get you thru the mid-week slump than a good tune and a dream!

Comments

poetjanstie said…
Love Fleetwood Mac, whichever blog you're on! BTW, Natasha, don't forget you need to pay a subscription to Wordpress to upload video onto Wordpress blogs.
Chasing Tao said…
Nicely written and inspirational Natasha...loved the added video of 'Dreams' from Stevie Nicks! You wonderfully creative soul, you!

Roger ☺
Tashtoo said…
Not to embed the video in as html ;) Had that figured out...but couldn't get a google+ button added! lol Blogger always somehow wins me over. And yes..LOVE Fleetwood Mac...thought it fitting. Hoping to finish up a doodle as well!
Tashtoo said…
Thank you Roger! I'll be in better form for the next one with my doodle all ready ;)
Brian Miller said…
nice...i love the echo of together through out this...i think that is def the key...we can all sing our own song but it is in the coming together that it def gains momentum...
Tashtoo said…
Brian...as cheeseball as I've been accused of being...I still know we can't do it alone. No matter how loud I crank my tunes ;)
The Silver Fox said…
I commented on this quite some time ago, in typical smartass fashion: http://davidzrantz.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-love-stevie.html

Sorry, luv, couldn't resist.
Unknown said…
Awesome. I totally agree. Music is so incredibly important, love the way you phrased it. Thanks
Gloria Baker said…
I agree Natasha is absolutely true!
Tashtoo said…
Fred, Gloria, and my awol Silverfox! Thanks so much for visiting. I am music...have always, always been. I have a soundtrack for every memory, and a flashback for every favorite song. No limits, no restrictions. This quote really spoke to me, because it is through music I've learned to believe in my dreams :)
I hear ya! All so true! Thank you for encouraging and inspiring us!

I have a soundtrack to my life...music has been with me for as long as I can remember. It's also my muse...I write some of my most interesting stuff when listening to music.
Susie Clevenger said…
Lovely write...Music is the language we all can understand...I also loved the inclusion of Stevie Nicks!
t said…
This one really touched my soul. Music has always been my best friend. It's how we speaak to God, how we show our true selves, sometimes even to ourselves.

Thanks for this post. Ima gonna print it, frame it, and hang it. Right above my turntable.
Anonymous said…
You always lead the way with inspiration and flair. Thank you!
mrs mediocrity said…
yes, i believe. i do, i do, i do.

here's to the summer of music!

Popular Posts