#100WordSong With @TLanceB ~The Elephant



This weeks song choice for 100WordSong comes from Dawn who took home last week prize with this entry.  Lance has launched Damien Rice's "Elephant" at Dawn's request to inspire our pens.  I'm stuck in a poetic free-flow right now, so I'm sticking with my comfort zone...here's my 100 words


He persists
Breath hot, heavy in my ear
As he sings me a melody
A call I cannot return.
Commonalities
Kindred spirits
Connected on a potential sea
Of all we should have been
Had I not careened
Into a future that was already written
Still the sound of his song resonates
Beats within a heart
That belongs to another
Contractual
If not factual
And lost within the breath
Barely able to breathe
deny
Soul food sustenance
Living up to expectations
Lyrics written by another
Secret time, secret lover
That leaves me broken and tethered
To the elephant in the room

Not a syllable over 100! Give Robot Leeroy a click and see what you can do...you've got till Tuesday (Hush! Hush!) :)


My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog

Comments

Tara R. said…
The longing in this piece is palpable. There is also sadness and regret. Beautifully rendered.
Hot Rod Pics said…
Awesome! It is amazing how working within a tight form helps unleash creativity, exploring the tiniest corner of the box. This one is really terrific, Natahsa, lyrically authentic, universally emotive, be very proud of this one, Poet!
Kir said…
Oh that was amazing. I felt every word of the song along with your take, the need, the regret, the want of someone else. Your Poet soul did this song and this 100 words justice. WOW!!!
Kir said…
Oh that was amazing. I felt every word of the song along with your take, the need, the regret, the want of someone else. Your Poet soul did this song and this 100 words justice. WOW!!!
Lance said…
This is one of your greatest 100s. I love the tight form and single word or sentence deliveries of the most important emotions. I ached along with this.

Brilliant. Leeroy is floored/
Brian Miller said…
oo nice ref to the elephant in the room...i like the intimacy too of breathing the song in your ear as well...def feel the tension in this one tash..smiles.
Unknown said…
Very nice. Lots of emotion in here, and although a poem and not a song, it still has a definite lyrical flow, rhythmically exciting the poetry throughout. Great write. Thanks
Susie Clevenger said…
This is fantastic!! It is such a painful elephant in the room...brilliant!

Popular Posts