WakingUp with @NWCreativeUnion ~ FEAR

Image from deMotivation

FEAR

Who do I think I am?
 (Waste of space, worthless)
Why do I think I am?
  (A grave mistake...should have been undone)
Know the feeling of cumbersome?

If this is what I was born to do
why must it be so hard?
 (Anything worth doing, is worth fighting for)
If this is what they think I was born to do
why do they fight me doing it?
 (We can not let their fear become our own)
This is YOUR world to roam.

Why am I so afraid to let go?
 (Cause they'll worry if I do)
Why am I so afraid to go all in?
  (What would they do without you?)
Why am I content to whine
while providing the very excuses
they throw back in my face?
Should I be disgraced?

False Evidence Appearing Real
making excuses for the way I feel
hoping that I won't have to lose
if I find the courage to choose
a calling meant just for me
a calling only I can be.

Fear of Failure is prompting us at the New World Creative Union's Wednesday Wake Up.  I'm admitting here, for the first time ever, I have a terrible habit of using others as an excuse not to do what deep down I really want to.  Some consider that a good thing...and that's where my head gets messed up.  I have no desire to harm, offend, or hurt anyone...especially those I love...and I often wonder, how you can be so close to some who believe so differently. The False Evidence is of my own creation...courage and bravery are still on my list of most wanted attributes! Come on over and share your own tales of woe, in words, in song, in pictures...if you can blog it, you can post it!

Comments

Brian Miller said…
feel the fear and do it anyway....mine would be disappointing others...each choice we have to give one thing up to get another...and in the end if we make our choices based on others we will live a very empty life...
Hot Rod Pics said…
I like the parts where the speaker struggles with the contradictions that hold us back and transference, very genuine, sincere. Nicely done.
it took me a long time to realize that i had a fear of success and often used others as my excuse. i admire your bravery for making such a public admission. {though i don't think you give yourself enough credit for how talented you are!}
Sheila said…
I don't see how that could ever be a good thing, but I don't know much. (except that TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE!)
Unknown said…
Tash, this piece is perfect. I can't recall seeing questions used so effectively in poetry. Amazing write. Thanks
Monty said…
I, many times over, have come near the brink of some success and backed away. writing's prime example. always have some lame excuse though. :) ty's fer sharing a great piece, natasha :)

Monty

Popular Posts