WakingUp With @NWCreativeUnion



Travel Letter


The bars that block my view, on which side do I stand?  I see them, watching, coveting...do they realize they are regarding a civilized slave to a society who has lost their way?  Do they realize I stare back, coveting their lack as fiercely as they covet my attachments?

There was a time when fear held me chained.  Those shackles have deteriorated as I shovel the steaming heaps of manure that have attempted to block my path, corroded in a micro-system of shit that has been evolving longer than most of those bodies that surround me.  With courage in my heart, I am ready to fly...but now it is this messed up definition of love we must tackle.

I crave freedom, and you selfishly assume I mean from you.  I crave color, and you somehow think I am faulting you for being black and white.  If you truly loved me, you would let me fly...rather than keeping me as trophy behind the walls of a cage you have decorated to convince yourself of a home.

My own insecurities are burden enough, my shoulders cannot bear the weight of yours too.



Roger has presented us a fantastic video to tickle our muse this week at the NWCU Wednesday Wake Up...and this is how mine decided to dance.  

Comments

Semaphore said…
Tash, this is the first time I've read creative prose from you... This is good work!
Anonymous said…
Same here, don't think I've read your prose work before but I loved it, lots that resonates with me in this piece particularly as it comes to a close, but also some really beautiful imagery mixed with a nice bit of grit...Tashtoo style!
Susie Clevenger said…
This is fantastic!! "I crave freedom, and you selfishly assume I mean from you." Great job!
Powerful! Love these lines:

"I crave freedom, and you selfishly assume I mean from you. I crave color, and you somehow think I am faulting you for being black and white."
Other Mary said…
This is wonderful...especially the last two paragraphs. Great job Natasha.
Brian Miller said…
hope you got my comment over at NWCU...dont know why i could not post on here earlier...it is hard when the other takes it so personal and makes you feel bad...

Popular Posts