Pondering Loss & Ego

If not for the memories, would our existence continue to be validated.  Worth dictated on the shiny print of a one hour photo shop, now digitally manipulated to permeate every pore of NOW.

The heart is heavy on this day of loss. A week spent grieving can bring nothing back, save for rehashed flashbacks that may or may not be real.

In the end, we are left only to question ourselves. My gift of words forgotten. The only gift I had to give, pushed to the back to let someone closer to the NOW we know shine.

A reflection on them...or on me?  No matter, for it will change as soon as the sun returns, bringing his light to alter our perception.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
hugs...i know it has been a tough week...and sometimes we have to lay ourselves aside for another...sadly we often do it too late....i am sorry for your loss and i hope the sun finds you again...and you pen runs further down the page....
Wander said…
Grief is a tumultuous river...how can I say anything to ease the rapids you must experience to get from here to there...other than I see your pain, and acknowledge that it is real and I empathy for you...

Wander
sheila said…
grief has been my constant mate for a year now...so many have left this world (sadly by their own hand.) Sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel.
t said…
It looks as if 2012 is shaping up to be a banner year for many of us. I am sorry to hear of your loss - my prayers are with you.

Popular Posts