Waking Up with @NWCreativeUnion

If You're Gonna Try...

Every single day I try...
I try to be a better mother
I try to be a better wife
I try to be a better writer
I try to be a better person

Not all people take well to this.
Being better
sometimes means exposing the flaws
of yourself
of another
led by heart
rather than numbers

Being better means having ears to hear
Not all have ears
to hear beyond their own wants
their own agendas
I have spent far to long
with ears wide open
but no room to voice my heart

One by one
I disconnect

Soon
no matter how good your hearing
You will not have the chance
to listen to the song
of my heart

In the end
there will be standing room only
and your VIP ticket
will be void.
~NH

Needless to say, it's been a rough couple weeks, but I couldn't again miss posting to our Wake Up...I wanted to go all colorful, bust out the crayons, but alas, time once again has proven an enemy.  The prompt closes today...if you got five minutes and ears to hear, you'll be treated to a wonderful prompt.  Thank Roger!

 Wednesday Wake Up

Comments

Brian Miller said…
Not all have ears
to hear beyond their own wants
their own agendas...

true that...far too many in the game for themselves....and it does stink to listen (give of yourself) but feel you have no outlet...

i hear you
Chasing Tao said…
Nice one as always Natasha! Hit the nail on the head with these lines:

"Not all have ears
to hear beyond their own wants
their own agendas..."

Kudos!
Roger ☺
Sorry you've had some tough weeks. But I sure did like your poem.
libithina said…
hope you're week got better Tash - happy anniver on dverse to us all x x and by the way 'you try' and you succeed enormously dear friend hgs and love Lib

Popular Posts