Silver Bands #MeetingTheBar @dVersePoets

Have you ever chased twilight through to morning
when silver bands of hope
separate your horizon from your reality.
When the silence is heavier than the atmosphere
and you're forced to inhale it.
Crumpled sheets do nothing more than hinder
and the heavy breathing of your companion
suffocates under the weight of the pillow
that turns to dust in your clenched fist.
You can fight it,
Chase daylight like there may not be a tomorrow
cursing the electric green of the collection of alarm clocks
that tease and taunt
or
you can simply
let it be.

Rise to greet the darkness like the lover you never copped to
on that stolen August so many years ago.
Inhale its perfume, drunk on dreams
swimming in the silence
you wanted to run from.
Your surroundings look different
caught in the smokey haze of those silver bands
Hope tastes different
when viewed on the horizon
and the truth of your destiny whispers.

Alone
I am every warrior princess my childhood ever conceived
Every healer witch
Every divine heart.
I am all
and I am nothing
Creator and destroyer
cuffed in silver bands
Until Brother Sun Rises
Stealing my Mother Moon
calling the stragglers home.

Solitude...I absolutely crave it.  And Claudia is treating us to its wares as prompt over at Meeting The Bar. After another busy day in real life...I can bet dVerse is hopping...so if solitude is the last thing you're looking for, give a click and visit a pub full of fantastic poets!

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh, this pours onto the page, a beautiful indigo river that took me through the heart's justification for liberty. Wonderful!
Dana Dampier said…
Beautiful! I've layed awake keeping the night company many times.
Claudia said…
Alone
I am every warrior princess my childhood ever conceived..all and nothing...fighting and letting be..full of emotions tash...felt..
Mary said…
Yes, I know those times when silence is heavier than the atmosphere. Truly hard to deal with, and you wish you were anywhere else. Sometimes letting it be is the only solution; along with thinking oneself the warrior princess who can conquer all; and oh that she could make it all right for everyone who believed. Enjoyed your write, Natasha.
Wonderful! So many great lines here. Just a pleasure to read.
Brian Miller said…
nice...this builds to a wonderful crescendo tash....i like the embracing the night and not letting it rob you the moment as it has your sleep, but instead seizing it and making it your own....
Anonymous said…
ah, absolutely wonderful. such gentle power in those words, a great read.
hedgewitch said…
A lovely and fierce lilt to this, Natasha. I especially like the sharp images in the second stanza, where destiny whispers its perilous truth.
Unknown said…
I like the pace and the build of this and the almost triumphant ending... love!
Laurie Kolp said…
This is riveting... I especially like the opening.

I'm a lot like you, Tash in that I like solitude.
Anonymous said…
beautiful, Tash :)
S.E.Ingraham said…
As someone else said, this pours onto the page and - and onto the tongue; I found myself saying your poem aloud as I read it and it rolls off the tongue beautifully ... it's wonderful

http://leapinelephants.blogspot.ca/2012/09/alone.html
Anonymous said…
A tangible journey in this one, Tash... I like that you record it all and not just the resolution.
poetjanstie said…
O Natasha, I see those moments in the night when sleep eludes you and all the unwanted thoughts and irritations come crashing in like waves. Then you decide to embrace the moment and allow the night to give you that moment of solitude, where the world is your oyster and where you can conquer all and claim your dominion over your own creative imagination. Wonderful poem. By 'eck you've truly hit the spot with this!
Anonymous said…
A particularly lovely end stanza Tash - feel my forehead relax a bit. k.
research paper said…
Wow really a perfect description of solitude there...each and every word is so much touchy...the rhyme of each stanza is really worth reading...
Ginny Brannan said…
A strong capture, Natasha. It seems both you and I find our "solitude" in the night.
"and the truth of your destiny whispers."

stunning line in a brilliant piece, Natasha. i will forevermore think of you as the warrior princess. {smile}


dani
Kathy Reed said…
I'm so glad craving solitude isn't fattening...love this!
Sreeja said…
when every line speaks so loud....you are done....great to have read this....
Unknown said…
Through reference and reverence you validate the want, the need for solitude, which I require as surely as air and water.

Popular Posts