The Song of Family, Favorites & Unforgettable Sunsets

Today over at The New World Creative Union, were hosting a freelink. We want the post to be all about you! We want to know what makes you tick, why you are compelled to create like you do, how you hope to change the world, or why you could care less. Seldom are we giving the opportunity to really get to know the inner working of those we interact with, and we thought this would be an awesome way to kick-off a whole new season of sharing and caring.

Beth Winter and Roger Allen Baut are the masterminds behind the idea and I'm sending out a huge virtual fistpump to each and a whole lotta love. All are welcome to play along...and if you want to know a bit more about me...feel free to read on ;)

The Song of Family, Favorites & Unforgettable Sunsets


They are special, this bunch
No way I could imagine life without them
despite all the bitching I do.
You don't know what you got till it's gone
and my biggest fear is losing a single one.
Best friends
worst enemies
always forgiven
we battle business, schedules, and goal setting
over Christmas dinner...if you can believe that
but we battle it all together.
Third generation underway now,
my father tells me a business knows success
when it can lay claim to that...
It is his passion
It is not mine
nor anyone else's
yet, when given the opportunity
to work along side your hero
it's more than difficult 
to pass it by.

No wonder I hated high school
how in the world can a person conform
to one taste, one type, one clique
no wonder I never fit.
Stained glass & rain storms
Buddha and Jesus
Sex pistols and old Irish hymns
with a little Beethoven for good measure.
Tattoos and political views
The Goddess and the Son
wouldn't dare judge me...
judgement is the hell I pay
every single day.
I was not put here to be understood
and pride myself on being difficult
different
open-hearted
forgiving
a con man's dream
because
at the end of the day
I believe as a species
we are good
if slightly mislead


...and at the end of the day
it's always about the sunset
even on those dreary, waterlogged evenings
It's silhouettes and shadows
where mystery invites
and the coming night excites
it's the perfect light
to prove all is as it should be
and nothing lasts forever
I feel life
it's ebb and flow
endings
beginnings
all paused
in those twilight moments
when the day has been completed
with the promise of tomorrow.

Welcome to my world :) Now come on over to The Autumn Kick-Off at NWCU and share yours!  

Comments

Beth Winter said…
We are more alike than I knew. I have often wondered why I didn't fit in, through high school and as an adult. After reading your words, I'm going to celebrate that I don't fit. It is uniqueness that deserves to be heralded.

Family is so much a part of our lives. I liked how you stand behind your father's dreams even if they don't match your own. I must ask my father what dreams he holds. Like me, he is very private but much goes on behind his eyes.

This is fantastic. So nice to get to know you better. *hug*
moondustwriter said…
I often have wondered if it is the heart of the artist to break free and be different
Yes you are beautifully unique Natasha - celebrate
marousia said…
I have never fitted in ... family is central to me too - thank you for sharing - hugs :)
Brian Miller said…
smiles....pretty cool intro to you and highlighting the things that are most important to you as well...family, well you got to love them...i am kinda glad i am not in a family business as well...never really fit in HS either and have a quite eclectic taste as well...and nothing beats a sunset...cept maybe sitting under the stars...smiles.
Susie Clevenger said…
I was a bit of an oddball in school and remain so today. Conformity has never set well on me. For a time I tried it, but it just didn't work.

So nice you are close to your family. Outside my immediate family there seems to be too much emotional distance.

So great to get to know more about you!
Chasing Tao said…
Well done as always Natasha! I really enjoyed the incorporation of the collages with your composition, AND, your work contained a 'lot' similarities that we all can relate to! Many truths as you write:

"They are special, this bunch No way I could imagine life without them despite all the bitching I do. You don't know what you got till it's gone and my biggest fear is losing a single one. Best friends worst enemies always forgiven we battle business, schedules, and goal setting over Christmas dinner..."

What a great snapshot of life and people you shared with us! Kudos, as always!

Bright blessings,
Roger ☺
James Rainsford said…
Thank for this peek into your inner life. Fascinating as I always knew it must be. Have a happy autumn. Hugs, James.
Natasha, you have such a big heart that can encompass so much. I just have to thank you for being a friend and for sharing so much of yourself with all of us whether at dVerse or NWCU or anywhere on/in this World Wide Web of Life. Love the images and words as always. :-)

Popular Posts