Shadow Dancing @NWCreativeUnion 's #WWUC



Shadow Dancing

The vibrations
resonating through the floor boards
into her very bones.

There is a buzzing in her chest
as her heart catches the beat
ta da da da dum
da da ~ da da

The crowd pushes and shoves
her toes tap
lunch boxes
gas money

ta da da da dum
da da ~ da da

Scent of just brewed coffee
tickles the senses
as sunlight catches
dancing dust motes
even they
caught up in the music

ta da da da dum
da da ~ da da

The front door slams shut for the final time
the breakfast dishes 
scraped and stacked
she turns from the sink
now
just the sound of the music
the house all her own

the dream of the shadow dancer awakes
and the living room
turns to stage

ta da da da dum
da da ~ da da


Comments

Wolfsrosebud said…
Sweet... I saw the scene and enjoyed the music
Natasha, So enjoyed your poem and dance in reflection and shadows!
Thanks for sharing. Of course I relate to one of my favorite themes in "shadows"... a lovely dance indeed!

This is my first participation in the NWCR Wednesday's Wake-Up Call -- thanks so much!
Brian Miller said…
love the moments that you can be outside of life like that...being married to a dancer i understand on that level as well....i like to dance too so...
moondustwriter said…
If they only could see you now!!!

Love the art - reminds me of the stained glass art we used to make
Susie Clevenger said…
I have done that dance. "her toes tap lunch boxes gas money" I can hear those tap shoes. Dance on with out without an audience!
Laurie Kolp said…
I can see you now... Tom Cruise, too!
Chasing Tao said…
I really enjoyed the composition and visual Natasha, as usual...now all we need is a video...AND, voila we have a 'triplet.'

What can I say, Kudos!

Roger ☺
mrs mediocrity said…
I am forever dancing around my house, I work from home, so I have plenty of opportunity, and fortunately, live in the country so no one can see me!

Love the feel of this, lovely mood and tone, and of course, now, I feel like dancing.

Popular Posts