A Meditation ~ #WWUC @NWCreativeUnion



Be still
If you hope to hear heaven
there is no other way.

Yet, here and now
there is no greater nemesis
than silence.

Our voices
the only legal (for now) weapons
we get to use

against hate, oppression, poverty

How are we to detach
get still
get quiet

How are we to rise above suffering
when the greatest parts
of our divine body are left to bear our scars

We would rather raise our voices in prayer
and call it action
then to sit alone with ourselves

realizing
in our search for enlightenment
we are leaving our brothers behind.

Be still
listen
Can you not hear the pain?

Silence your grievances
make way for the truth
and in the stillness

remember.

Susie Clevenger is daring us to get quiet...to hear the sound of silence...Welcome her to the WednesdayWakeUpCall over at NWCU...and bring your own artistic take on this weeks prompt.

Comments

marousia said…
Beautiful! This hit the perfect spot for me today - I have had a tricky day :) Thank you for an oasis of peace
Brian Miller said…
i think there is a time for silence and a time for speaking, a time for alone and a time for community...each allowing us to appreciate another...i think it is important that it is not all about ourselves....and that we dont leave other behind....
Susie Clevenger said…
Natasha, this is a beautiful way to start off my day. May we hear in silence what our lips need to speak to bring unity, to move our feet to action for those in need..to be better people.
"Silence your grievances make way for the truth and in the stillness... remember."
moondustwriter said…
we hear more in the silence than in the noise...
Monty said…
always love my visits here, natasha. and the contrast you get in stanzas 1 and 2 is amazing and carried throughout. but it's the opening two that done it for me

Monty
RMP said…
I've always found silence to be deafening–too many thought running 'round longing to escape and find peace, which I've always found odd because to me there should be peace in silence.

really enjoyed the read.
Unknown said…
Great write Tash. adore the final two stanzas. I've been doing a bit of meditation lately, just kind of getting into it, so, having trouble finding that place they refer to, but it'll come. Great piece. Thanks
Laurie Kolp said…
How are we to rise above suffering
when the greatest parts
of our divine body are left to bear our scars


Powerful, Tash!
Bo said…
I love the truth in your words.
Unknown said…
Full of truth and beautiful inspiration. I love it and your photo especially. I needed to hear this today.
t said…
Just breathe, right?
Dawn Pisturino said…
Lovely! Reminds me what I need to do.
Ben Ditty said…
I hear the pain. It's worse always worse in silence than in screaming.
Meryem said…
Beautiful lines written by you. I really loved your blog. Meditation is very necessary in our daily life.

Popular Posts