Warhol's in an Ashcan

Ashcan to soup can
we grapple for the desire to name
to label

Connecting the dots between what is
versus what was
and the fall of civilization
depicted in a digital display

pixelated realities merge
defining Warhol on a collectors plate
at the very top
of your avant garde armoire

 A movement decorates the city streets
birthed through industrialization
and more people than they knew what to do with

Out of potato famine and deportation
there are those who create to survive
documenting the history
the elite claim as conspiracy

From the chalk walled third dimension
we are left to read the writing on the wall
truth is found in spray paint
without varnish for shine

It's the Sunday evening post
with feet up on the white picket fences
as pop turns to propaganda
and alters our dream state

Think I'll stick to the streets
kick over an ashcan
and brush up my trivia
on the group of seven.

Natasha Head



Comments

Hot Rod Pics said…
I love your take on this prompt. I think you captured it nicely.
Wolfsrosebud said…
"It's the Sunday evening post
with feet up on the white picket fences
as pop turns to propaganda
and alters our dream state"

I still don't get this form, but I really enjoyed the verse above... I see an animated pix in those lines
Unknown said…
'Pop turns to propaganda' so true. On an aside I enjoy the School of Seven :). I love that you're sticking to the streets and kicking stuff - it makes me a bit gleeful really. Thanks so much for this skillful and artfully rendered peak into the cultural divide.
Brian Miller said…
Out of potato famine and deportation
there are those who create to survive
documenting the history
the elite claim as conspiracy...ha love that verse....and in this you keep your voice as well...or that of the people that channels through you tash....i will take my street art over a oil painting most days....
RMP said…
I really enjoyed this. definitely some nice images here.

"truth is found in spray paint"
mrs mediocrity said…
you definitely kicked this prompt's ash... :) loved this, a perfect depiction of who we are these days... fabulous imagery!

Popular Posts