"Night Poems" by Ben Ditmars ~ A #BlueRoom Review

Night PoemsNight Poems by Ben Ditmars
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The best thing about chap books for me, is the ability to curl up with my blanket and enjoy a poetic adventure start to finish. "Night Poems" by Ben Ditmars does not disappoint. The fact that I was also enjoying watching the moon chase the sun across the sky due to my own sleepless night, in no way makes me biased.
Ben Ditmars writes in an authentic voice. His words speak powerfully and truthfully. This is not a poet looking to impress with a dictionary vocabulary, but rather, he is one who demands you bring your heart on the journey with him. The presentation, on through the night, is both well thought and well presented. You come face to face with moments of discomfort, joy and if you have half a heart, there are some that will leave you with a sense of despair. The author does not hint and hide, but lays his own heart on the pages.
The book is high quality, with a fantastic cover, showcasing Mother Moon in all her glory. It will hold a prominent place on my Poet Shelf for many years to come...and on those sleepless evenings, I will return to Night Poems time and again.

View all my reviews


Comments

Brian Miller said…
nice...high praise...i see ben all over the place so we travel similar circles though i am not sure i ever read him....
Maude Lynn said…
I'll check this out!
Jamie Dedes said…
High praise indeed. Will have to check it out.
Ben Ditty said…
Thank you, Tash :-D

Popular Posts