These Dreams ~ #WWUC @NWCreativeUnion

We're delving into the nighttime for this week's Wednesday Wake-Up Call over at New World Creative Union where we are challenged to go beyond the usual medium we normally present.  Sooooo...to go with my poem (because I'm all about the poetry) I've taken my gravelly morning voice and have gifted you with a song. (Oh yes...the sarcasm is very high in that statement) Actually...this is the song that made me realize girls could do rock-n-roll too (yes, I was but a wee lass) but this chick had a guitar! Yup...it was all downhill from there ;) Forgive me for butchering...and be gentle...it's early! Hope you'll consider stepping outside your comfort zone and come play too. #NoFear ;)



These Dreams

Often elusive, I chase them hard
Seldom do rainbows and butterflies
grace my nighttime skies

Sometimes, it is better not to dream
when you lose control
twist obscene

These visions can not be mine.

Often forgotten upon waking
dancing just beyond the fringe of remembering
yet returning to surface
when stuck between
a feather pillow and daylight

They rise
in the cluttered recesses of my mind
I convince myself
they are fodder for the next great yet to be written work
and that there is no need
for really long sleeves
on the one white jacket I own.

Comments

Brian Miller said…
i will have to come back to hear your voice....school blocks the player...that will be a treat here in a bit...smiles...

i dont remember most of my dreams unless they are really vivid...though there are a few i would love to go back to on waking...haha
Susie Clevenger said…
I seldom dream. I think because I spent too many years in nightmares. Love hearing you sing...you go girl!
Anonymous said…
I love it when I do remember dreams but alas that s not often - I love the simplicity of your words - you have wrought something quite extraordinary and precious out of ordinary words
Brian Miller said…
nice...i enjoyed hearing you sing tash...great song choice as well....you have a lovely voice...
Monty said…
"no fear" and "nothing left to loose" you're an inspiration, natasha, to get us out of our comfort zones. some fb post I saw yesterday was something akin to life beginning at the edge of our comfort zone and you drive that concept home, lady :) enjoy your forays beyond your comfort zones. and "Seldom do rainbows and butterflies grace my nighttime skies..." love it. my dreams are never "pretty" and hey...thanks for singing for us :)

Monty
t said…
Perfectly said, and you brought me to the realization that I haven't had a "good" dream in several years now. Yeah, the dreamless nights are better as a result.
Ben Ditty said…
You should sing your poems. This was beautiful.
Wow! The opening stanza got me. Oh so clever, a scent of brilliance.
Unknown said…
Awesome Tash. Love the poem, but wow, what a great cover. I love the chorus, without the music you can really hear the passion in your voice. Thanks
Susan said…
I knew that Heart album! Had to stop and listen as the voice you sing in is so sweet and full--not without glitches at the heights--but it still won me. Bravo! Guess I should go back and read the poem.
Susan said…
"yet returning to surface
when stuck between
a feather pillow and daylight"

Hmm, interesting image--as is the possible short sleeves on white jacket where rainbows and butterflies might land. I do not remember my dreams except rarely, and more often now in new sleep patterns. There are probably tons of good or at least banal dreams trying to surface . . . I envy those who can train and channel their dreaming. Have you tried?

Jamie Dedes said…
What a lovely voice. If Heart where to somehow find this post, they would be honored by your rendition. A lovely start to my day. Thank you.

As for the poem: it's wonderfully true and I do believe dreams are true "fodder" for the next literary effort. Well written and a delight.
Jamie Dedes said…
P.S.: I don't remember whether or not I congratulated you on you nomination for The Pushcart prize. Well done and congratulations, Natasha. :-)
Poppy said…
Beautiful voice...I can also hear some acoustic guitar to this lol Loved it :) xox

Popular Posts