Closure ~ #Poetry by @Tashtoo

The scent of last night still lingers
a musk, heavy, heady
like so many secrets
shoved under the bed
to be devoured by the monsters
that haunt me.

Dawn is a strange light
in the afterglow of a quart
of crown royal
and inhibitions forgotten

Still, in the surreal and smokey grey
his is a shadow that comforts
familiar, safe
all those things we love to cling to
when dawn has left us confused and doubting

Crossed lines blur to faded memories
swallowed by the tears I don't why I'm crying
his breath, even in sleep
heavy enough I need not fear his waking...yet.

Comments

k~ said…
Dark. Vivid. Strong images.
Brian Miller said…
dang. i am left with a extreme feeling of unease...the things shoved under the bed...the need to drown in the crown...the tears...the sleep heavy enough not to fear...yet...ugh...vicious verse poet.

you are missed.
Ellecee said…
Sometimes there's a price to be paid for the "safe" and "familiar" and we're never sure what that's going to be,,,,,As November Rain says and I agree,,Vivid and Strong images.
Anonymous said…
A "closure" I'm not sure I would feel comfortable about.

Peace.
Susie Clevenger said…
Powerful piece Natasha..so vivid.

Popular Posts