Origami ~ #poetry by @Tashtoo

There are no corners here that meet
still, I insist on trying
tip to tip
crooked
slip
a crease
so firm and indented
there's no hope of fixing it
love scar one

Still
if I try to fold this way
maybe
we can pretend the crease is not there
use the crinkles
the scars
as foundation for the next attempt
love scar two

Now an "x"
Raw and red
my fragile paper
permanently marred
but you're never supposed to stop trying
flip and reverse
pretend we're starting from scratch
love scar number three

The truth is hard
there is no swan to be revealed here
third times the charm
or perhaps just the proof I need
this is one art form I'll never master
So, it's straight to the trash for you
there will be no recycling
of this paper heart.

Comments

aka_andrea said…
my fragile paper
permanently marred

the scars we wear...
Brian Miller said…
smiles...nice...felt piece tash...i like what you did with the scars at the end of each stanza....and the paper heart in the end...great touch...
Ben Ditty said…
The energy builds to a magnificent crescendo. My paper heart has felt recycled more times than I can count.
Anonymous said…
Flip and reverse, flip and reverse, until they throw you away. Powerful, Tash. Peace.

Popular Posts