Break ~ #poetry #prose @Tashtoo

I get incredibly frustrated when I can't fix something.
Call it a sense of failure, an overwhelming mass
of black cloud cover that pisses me off beyond all comprehension.

Answers are always easy. The fault is always our own.
Out of this frustration comes the urge to break shit.
Tear it down, blow it up
and start from scratch.

Never mind the wounds
the bleeding hearts
nor the minds you have messed with

Never mind the lies
the tears
nor the games played with mine

If I am anything...it is stubborn
out of all my failures
comes the drive to do it better
harder, faster

learn and move on
write a poem
write a novel
or just break shit.

Then glue the pieces back together
out of place, off trend
and call it art.

A mosaic of every fractured relationship
a collage of every scar
china fragments of a heart
only born to break.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Nothing lasts...and yet it does because we persist in building, rebuilding. So en avant!
aka_andrea said…
I love this. I do believe if I had built my own dwelling it would be seen from miles away due to the myriad of color in my mosaic storied walls. Also love the repetition of 'just break shit'. the finality of just being done.
Ben Ditty said…
Breaking shit is fun! :-D

Popular Posts