Come Together ~ #poetry #prose @Tashtoo

Never, has your pain flown to me faster.
Never, have I been able to get close enough to count your tears.
Always, the truth would be filtered
watered-down
Your story
told through somebody else's voice
Today
I get to talk to you.

And "THEY" fear that,
because you get to me first,
they have no chance to convince me you hate me
because of my sex, my color, my nation.
They can't bend me to the point of breaking
for simply taking my news
straight from the horses mouth...
or can they?

I see them trying.
You must see it too.
Or are you really one of them, deep down
Ready to sell your truth
for the good life.
Would you sacrifice my secrets
if it meant you would be housed and sheltered?
I wouldn't blame you...
we all need to eat.

Most of "THEM" started with a sincere and honest attempt
to make the world a better place.
Thought the system wouldn't get to them,
believed they could make a difference,
and walked blindly into the line of fire,
their sense of morals corrupted
their sense of justice flipped to one sided
their own secrets recorded and registered
their own life threatened
based on noncompliance and high ideals

It is the human way.
Every system, in it's design, flawless
on paper serving the common good
in the hands of man
serving only themselves.

I have nothing of any worth that you can covet
I have nothing of any value that might tempt you
I've been clawing my way out of this system
to see
if perhaps
somewhere in the hearts of men
I can find the desire
to truly come together

for the global good.

One World.

Comments

Ben Ditty said…
One world! Love it.
Brian Miller said…
it is what we risk in coming together...that they will not have the same convictions we do...that they might sell us out...or sell us short...its the same with any relationship...and one world, happens in community, not in a vacuum...that is for sure.
Anonymous said…
love takes guts my friend and you have it..your words always betray it..and me thinks the world needs more like you..
Dare we take the risk to bring about such a glorious outcome? Let's.

Popular Posts