Envy ~ #poetry by @Tashtoo

She is beautiful, almost regal
tall, confident
I envy her
not knowing
the perfect makeup
hides the still swelling bruises
from last nights lesson.

He drives a Lexus
Pearl black
moon roof, spoiler
I envy him
not knowing
there's a white notice
taped to the door of his high rise
that will have him driving that Lexus off a cliff
Into a desperate night
well before the coming dawn.

He looks at her
I see the love
I envy them
Not knowing
he will look at another the same way
before he lands home for the supper
she's sprinkled with her heart.

I look in the mirror.
and hate myself
for being so quick to judge.

Comments

Ben Ditty said…
I *envy* your talent :-) Another great one.
Brian Miller said…
we oft envy without knowing the full story...the sacrifice made to get there...or even what they are going through...some hold up better under pressure as well, only to break down in the dark...
Jenny Herner said…
Oh, this is lovely, both in word and thought!
Anonymous said…
So well-written! Envy is a bitch. One I seem to run into far too often m'self.
aka_andrea said…
it's hard when we only have our own experience as a vantage point from which we look out into the world. it is a strong and quiet eye that can see through and beyond and find truth in the illusions. you are a stunning wordsmith.

Popular Posts