Dead Raven

Another wrecked world built on a sand foundation.
There is no hope of this lasting.
The rivers we've cried are raging.
Cutting away, eroding the hope that has fuelled our wings.

We soar through a sky where the raven has died.
Chem trail reasoning leaves little room for doubt.
A broken wing is nothing more than an excuse not to try.
You look so very small and alone down there

Why have you brought me here?
Your army was so much stronger there.
This poisoned air we are forced to breathe
All this cinder and smoke, hot potatoe

A child's game turned lethal.

Jet stream clouds only serve to heighten your hallucination
Perhaps that's why you can settle back in so quickly
As though my attempt to fly never happened
As though you never promised anything

You are my venom, you are my sting
You are my chain, my everything
But to cling, simply because we've been taught not to let go?
Sometimes they get the lesson wrong.

Leave it to Beaver, I'll take the cleaver
June may have been content but I'm not.
The air is thin, but my wings are strong
Hide & seek in a foreign sky

I can't believe our raven's died.

NH
2013

Comments

aka_andrea said…
I love the tone and feel of this. I could quote nearly all of it as lines that just hit! I think my favorite thing is that I can hear you reading it, with sarcasm and a bit of a bitter edgy sting in your voice. Ending it by bringing the whited picket world of Leave it to Beaver (with a cleaver)~ Oh dear Poet~ your skill is so inspiring!!
I liked the desperation of this - esp the lines

"You are my venom, you are my sting
You are my chain, my everything"


Loving N Head!
Ben Ditty said…
I think we can bring this raven back to life.

Popular Posts