Thru Infinity

Infinity
A fascinating concept
I ponder often

I feel I've known you for it
...and beyond

As though I could share every drugstore romance
Whispered in your ear
While sipping cherry coke through a candy striped bendy straw
Your hand like a claw
On my thigh on a Friday night in July

Whether its caviar and ice wine
Or laying on a flatbed behind the ballpark bleachers
A downtown high rise 
It's still the same stars, the same sky

Do you see this moon tonight?
Pregnant and ripe
Filled with promise?

Tomorrow though,
Same stars, same sky
she will begin to show her waning side

We flow like that, you know
I've been scared of your distance
Only to end up smothered by your presence

I've come to depend on it
I love you so much deeper when your distant
Hate you hard
Over pizza and beer.

Still you are here
Always and forever
Always am, always will be

Stories written
Through Infinity.

NH
2013

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice take on timeless/temporal relationships. It's really what life's all about, I think.
The Silver Fox said…
I like the "same stars, same sky" riffs. You say so much in so few words.

Popular Posts