Bury Me

Who do I want to be today?
Opportunities fly at me from every direction.
I wish I could make you understand the strength it takes not to duck.
To not run back to my bed
Pull the covers over my head
And fall back to the dream.

I'm wise enough to know
It will never come true.
Your wise enough to know
The safety that comes with that.
If I can keep you there on the fringes,
Painted in shadows & stardust
Perhaps I can stave off the disappointment.
Pretend I know what I'm doing.

There's so much I want
That I will never have.
I accept the truth.
Wanting breeds desire
Desire is the breath of life.

I will reach up and grasp this opportunity.
The one that will fill the void with dollars.
Erase time from my agenda
So perhaps my thoughts and my words will cease.

I would be a fool to hide.
To not lend length upon length
To this stretching to make ends meet.

I know money can't buy happiness.
But it can buy you ways to help you forget your misery.
I'll still have the hours between midnight & dawn
To bleed to the page
Cry between the lines
And hide if I have to.

I'll bury the real me there.
It's a dark she knows all to well.

N.Head
2013

Comments

Pretty bold and stark- I like the voice here. Keep writing. I like what I'm seeing here.
Mosk
The Silver Fox said…
Just don't bury yourself too deep. You want to be able to come out again.
Unknown said…
Thank you.. U did a great job on this...So much enjoyed it
Allyson witch

Popular Posts