Rest Easy

If I was kinder, would you listen?
Be able to see me beyond the smile,
To hear the depth of the soul
That seeks only to escape?

It's not about being liked
It's about being able to sleep at night
I can reach only so far
Beyond the wall you hide behind.

You've seen more in good manners than what was intended
Call me crazy for what I tolerate
Let me remind you
It's not about you.

When I finally get called home
Slide into the cool, damp earth
For my final slumber
I have no desire to take you with me

I only want to know
I did the best I could
And with clear conscious
Rest easy.

Natasha Head

Comments

Wander said…

For i Fit


Rest easy
in me
For i fit
Can't you see
Rest easy
in my love
For it's free
Rest easy
in me
For i want nothing
more from you
Than you would
Give easily
Rest easy
in me


Christopher mcqueeney 6:34 pm 4/14/14

gratzi Netasha for inspiring a softie from me

Wander

Popular Posts