Mommy Issues

How does one compete

Against the comfort of the womb?

Warm, compact & cozy

Offers very little room.

I would not doubt if it was the case,

You ate the smaller twin.

That when you came into this world,

Screamed "put me back again!"

Coddled, cuddled, held so close

In mother's wanting arms

Knowing she would die for you

And keep you from all harm.

Excuses at the ready,

No matter time of day,

With you it's not "what would Jesus do"

It's "what would mama say?"

I'm sorry that it took so long

For these curtained eyes to see

That this farce was never about

You and loving me

How long was I supposed to stay

Just this certain way

Did you check with mama first

Ensure it's all okay?

I'm here now, just for you

A wet and willing lover

You just want to take the couch

To tell me of your mother.


Natasha Head

Comments

Joseph Hesch said…
Hi, Tash! Cool , clever and *rhymed*! Today I felt like doing the unexpected and then you go and beat me to it. Loved the tempo and rhythm. But that sassy, breezy way!!

I've been too long gone, kid. Great stuff. xo
The Silver Fox said…
It's great to see you back!
Anonymous said…
Ha, yes, I think I've met a couple of those... Very clever and cheeky.

Popular Posts