Full Moon over Lake Timiskaming

Full Moon over Lake Timiskaming

We have traveled many miles to reach this destination.
The edge of a dream, with borders still to be defined.
I have so often longed for a night like this,
Though the chill in December’s air cuts like glass upon her waters.
The wind ripples, and the stars burn like white fire.
Could I call this home? Will summer’s fanfare cheapen her beauty?
I’ve been told entire communities are birthed on the waters,
When the sun rides long and hard across the sky.
If I could remain here, on higher ground, I think I could enjoy the view.
No matter the swell in population.
Right here, right now, in the silence of darkness, with only the occasional
Whisper of the breeze through the towering pine,
I believe in the dream, in the world beyond the looking glass,
As her silver rays dance and frolic on the windswept swells,
I think I could believe in anything.



Comments

Popular Posts