Infected

You are my nicotine
My Mary Jane
Numbing me like novocain
Your nectar feeds
My hungry veins
An addiction that I can't explain
You are my Plato
My Socrates
Controlling my philosophies
In your name
I'm on my knees
Like deadly hemlock, you've poisoned me

Natasha Head


Once again, today's piece is inspired by the poison as muse challenge in the wonderful world of instagram. It's not just landscape and selfies. There's a vibrant writers community that has come to be a constant source of inspiration for me. You can find me there under my Tashtoo handle if you want to play along.

If you want to jump over to last month's CityLitRag, you can read a piece I penned as we made a pit stop on our cross country road trip last December.  It's not a friendly month to travel the North side of this great country, but I wouldn't have changed a thing.  Every community inspired in a different way, but there were days, when the snow was blowing, I only had snow flakes to work with.

Stop by and have a read of "Yorkton".

C'ya tomorrow


Comments

The Silver Fox said…
Short, yes, but oh so sweet! Always a pleasure reading your writings!
Could totally appreciate this, and I did!

Popular Posts