Religion

Today I'm bragging about two features AND throwing up my poem, once again prompted by a challenge asking us to define religion. Interesting, to say the least. My personal experience with organized religion, like many others, has not been good, but I have come to understand that religion and faith do not fall under the same definition...no matter what dictionary you may use to try to convince me otherwise.

Before we get to the poem, I'd like to ask you to visit the newly launched Culture Trend magazine which features the work of some amazing writers...and this little piece by me :)

These Hands

For those who may wonder why I've adopted the handle Tashtoo, a part of that reason can be found at Tattoosday where they run an ongoing feature on tattooed poets. Not only do I get to show off my ink and brag up my amazing artist Erin Pettipas of ErinInk Tattoos, but I get to share a poem too. Would love to have you pay a visit :)

The Tattooed Poets Project: Natasha Head

Now...how about today's poem?

Religion:

Ruling class orchestrated rituals
To convince the have~nots
That if they behave themselves
Death can be a reward.
Permission for the powers that be
To alter the words of gods
To better fit their political agendas
A man-made societal structure
Used to enforce and control
Through mythical, fear based propaganda.
Not
God

Natasha Head



As always...thanks for visiting x

Comments

The Silver Fox said…
Sounds like how the extreme right wing has hijacked Christianity in my country. Loved this!

Popular Posts