Coffee With Skim Milk on a Rainy Morning


Summer's kiss is still a season away. No bird song greeted me this morning but their memories remain. If I close my eyes, the slow drip of the melting snow provides the percussion to a loon song not easily forgotten.

The coffee is strong and bitter. Skim milk only to lesson its cringe. This is my life today. Right now.
Magazines promise me if I adhere to low fat dairy, within a year my battle will be over and I will be declared victorious.  Simply a shadow of my former self.

This heavy rainfall warning serves only to remind me that winter is teasing. Mother Nature at her finest here on my beautiful east coast where her forked tongue delights in the weather and the promise of spring on a February wind.

A February thaw is not unheard of. Stranger things have happened. Like the smile that lingers in spite of bitter coffee and skim milk and the ghost of a loon that may or may not have sang a song I'm determined to remember.

Natasha Head

Comments

Popular Posts