Born ~ #Poetics @dVersePoets


Did my shadow darken your doorway
as you slept with one eye open?
Your little brain, pitter-pattering its way
through to dawn
when relief comes in having to face
only what you can see.
Sleeping below a rainbow
serves only those who refuse to dance
to the joy of the spectrum
the beat of a different realm.
You've paused so long at yesterday
the roots now ensnare my feet.
Straight up always
put prone to changing minds
My god wears a coat of many colors
to hide her perfect form.
It only goes to prove
in her image I have failed.
Goodness bleeds as does the bad
but its flow is smoother
allowing me to sleep at night...
provided my imagination agrees to not run away
for it is my dictator
and I am prone to fancy.
I've been told countless times
I've outgrown the need for fairies
yet I refuse to accept conditions
acceptable to most.
Therefore
doomed to swim in rainbow rain
I face most my storms alone
for I've not the words
nor the magic
to make the blind see.

What is a self-portrait...when presented in words, the chore becomes more difficult. Ultimately, at the end of the day, I've accepted the chaos...whether or not Fred (aka @PoeticalPysche) feels this is a worthy response to his prompt for Poetics has yet to be determined...but I can tell you, there are plenty of mirrors over at dVersePoets to help with your reflection.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tash - this has a very cool flow - I like the idea of this wonderful dancing God behind the coat of many colors and all the lights and shades here are full of vibrancy. k.
Unknown said…
Tash, had a lot of fun reading tonight, this is definitely up there, that is, if I was having favorites:) I love the lines in here, unique, fragmented, questions, the mosaic feel is alive here, a definitely different take on the prompt, which is perfect, as is individuality, never the same, never replicated…well, ok, there are clones out there, but they're no fun, this is. And also, the abstract painting is awesome, you've seen my work plenty of time, so you had to know I'd be all over that, really an excellent share. Thanks
Mary said…
Ah yes, I empathize with facing storms alone! And though I used to think I could work some 'small miracles' in the lives of peoople I know, I have given up on the idea of having the blind see as well! I have learned everyone is responsible for his/her own miracles....or not.
i like the phrasing in your poem, lots of tight turns, and very colorful, and some cold splashes of dark as well.

"... beat of a different realism"

i really liked that. i especially liked the artwork. enjoyed this very much
Brian Miller said…
Sleeping below a rainbow
serves only those who refuse to dance
to the joy of the spectrum
the beat of a different realm....nice i like that...i also like your god of many colors and i doubt you disappoint her much...smiles...def some tight turns in this as wood said, you work this well tash....

did you do the pic as well?
Beachanny said…
Well, of course, I knew you were magical, and held the gift of words; yet they were never turned better than in this..definitely holding you and a pot of gold! Excelsior!
Claudia said…
tash..honestly...i think we never ever outgrow the need for fairies...
Unknown said…
Love the artwork and your poem, the goddess in a coat of many colors made my heart sing. Your unique songs always resonate with my heart, thank you for that and for your magic.
Kathy Reed said…
..marching to the beat of a different drummer replaced by realism...loved this and the way is read in such a nice flowing manner....
Sheila said…
this is a bit sad, but shows how dedicated and courageous you are in the face of those telling you not to do what you are called to do. I admire that in you.
Anonymous said…
love that ending! and I say keep the fairies around.
Jenny Herner said…
Wonderful! Loved "doomed to swim in rainbow rain"!

Popular Posts