No Form Will Fit

You use my words against me
Never taking time to understand
Placing yourself in the centre of the storm
As though only you can make me rage

Fractured communication
Poetry misconstrued
Haikus as excuses
A form that I despise

Let me put you in a sonnet
A classic form for classic blunder
The mistake yours...not mine
I've proved my worth

You underestimate my value
Like the skill it takes to rhyme
Perhaps I'll pen a ballad
A strong form for saddest lines

Mistreated & misused
A contemporary hurt
Offended for no reason
If I believe your pleas

Let us but remember
I don't need you
You need me.

NH
2013

Comments

Susie Clevenger said…
Great write Natasha, you took the title and walked right through poetry with it. :)
Speak your mind. Well done!
Layered and frosted with truth. well done.

Popular Posts